To support and protect
Our vision is to support and protect people affected by domestic and sexual violence by providing a wide range of high quality services and work to prevent domestic and sexual violence by influencing the policy and practice of others.
Vision & Aims
We exist so that we can protect women and children from violence by tackling its root cause of gender inequality. We provide safe support and accommodation services for women and children who have experienced or are at risk of experiencing domestic violence - working to empower and encourage women to rebuild their lives free from violence and abuse.
Our mission is to consistently deliver professional, insightful and energetic services that put our service users at the centre of our provision. We will innovate and collaborate to achieve best practice, support social inclusion and empower women, children and men affected by domestic violence.
MWA aims to:
- Provide a range of high quality and effective support services for those who have experienced or are at risk of domestic violence.
- Ensure equality of access to all services provided by MWA.
- Strengthen partnership working between organisations to develop strategies and improve services for women and children.
- Promote women’s equality and children’s rights by raising awareness and supporting campaigns for better laws, policies and services which actively prevent violence against women and children.
- Improve standards within our workforce.
Our ethos & values
- We are committed to the rights and dignity of each individual, ensuring our work is guided by their needs, aspirations and empowerment.
- We are committed to delivering high quality and effective services based on the principles of mutual aid and self-help.
- We are committed to providing and developing user-centred services.
- We value partnerships with other agencies in carrying out our work and in delivering positive outcomes for women and children.
- We value the diversity of our staff and stakeholders and promote a culture in which everyone can express their potential.